I am a project manager, design researcher, strategist and innovator with expertise in systems thinking, co-creation, workshop planning and implementation. What differentiates me is my ability to embrace multi-faceted wicked problems and navigate teams through enigmatic territories to identify transformational opportunities. I have high emotional intelligence, ceaseless optimism and contagious energy, making me a powerful asset with the ability to connect, lead and inspire.
Northrop Grumman | Project Manager, Design Researcher & Strategist | Chicago, IL | November 2015–Current
- Direct nation-wide design research workshops to better target prospective employees and innovate within the recruitment process and the Human Resources department, reporting up to the Sector President. We are currently prototyping solutions, using different metrics to evaluate success. C-Suite leaders are considering elevating this research to span the entire enterprise.
- Partner with Logistics and Engineering Departments to visualize a product’s life cycle and discover innovation opportunities around improving the product milestones, including installation, training and maintenance, saving time, money and frustration for stakeholders. As a neutral facilitator, I provide a safe environment for honest discourse, resulting in strong inter-department partnerships.
- Challenge the orthodoxies of a deeply ingrained, top-down communication department to be inclusive and user-centered. Results were a drastic increase in reoccurring visitors to communication sponsored websites and an increase in readership of the employee magazine.
- Present research results and innovation opportunities to company leaders advocating for change by articulating the strategy, the competitive advantage and the implementation road map. Word-of-mouth from Director to Director, endorsed me and design thinking, generated additional high-level opportunities.
- Develop tailored project plans, timelines, methods and frameworks for each client and problem. Methods strategically chosen to cater to the clients’ comfort level and risk tolerance ensuring a strong partnership.
General Electric Appliances | User Interface Designer | Louisville, KY | April 2014-June 2015
- Facilitate and support many forms of research, including ethnography, surveys, prototype testing, usability testing, card sorting, participatory design sessions, contextual inquiries and design sprints.
- Design new features using personas, user scenarios, storyboards and flow charts then conducting user research with various levels of low and high fidelity prototypes to validate and improve.
- Craft every touch point of the user experience for all GE appliances, including the button layout, the LED screen and messages, the button push and feature sounds through extensive flow diagrams.
- Benchmark competitors on features, offerings, experiences and brand to ensure our competitiveness.
- Incorporate trends from market research, competitive insights, behavioral science and user research into the appliance experience and interface.
The Housing Partnership, Inc. | Marketing Specialist and Graphic Designer | Louisville, Kentucky | November 2011–April 2014
Holistic Design Solutions, LLC | Freelance Graphic Designer | Louisville, Kentucky | January 2011–November 2011
Edwards Student Housing Management Company, Edwards Companies* | Graphic Designer | Columbus, Ohio | June 2009–January 2011
Illinois Institute of Technology, Institute of Design | Masters in Design Methods
Chicago, Illinois | Graduating in May, 2018
Ohio State University | Bachelors of Science in Design | Visual Communication Design
Columbus, Ohio | Graduated in June, 2009 | GPA: 3.8 | Magna Cum Laude
Danmarks Designskole | Textile & Screen Printing Design
Copenhagen, Denmark | June, 2006–September, 2006
Institute of Design | Network ID Co-Chair | 2017-Current
Network ID is the student group that arranges tours of local companies for students
Northrop Grumman | Design Community Leader | Dec 2016-Current
The Design Community unites designers across the country to share tips and strategies with the goal to reposition the design department from creatives to powerful change agents.
Institute of Design | BarnRaise Ambassador | November, 2017
BarnRaise is a student run co-creation workshop that pairs design firms with community leaders to create change. As an ambassador, I facilitated and supported my 9 team members through a 2.5 day workshop.
Extra Training and Courses
- LUMA Institute | Fundamental & Advanced Training | 2017
- User Interface Engineering (UIE) Conference | 2015
Awards and Publications
- 2016 Platinum Hermes Creative Award for Publication Overall for my collaboration
with my Northrop Grumman co-workers on the CIRCUIT Magazine.
- 10 Years of Information Design at the Ohio State University, by R. Brian Stone.
- Association of College Unions International, Steal This Idea competition, Poster Design.